Her Bad Mother

Thursday, March 2, 2006

In today's headlines...

A random sampling of current events chez Baby...

The Good News:

1) Mommy's first foray back into her pre-mommy world was, despite the anticipatory angst, just fine. Felt GOOD, in fact. (The post-labour holes in the brain are not so big that whole books have fallen through! Mommy retains her intelligence! Can speak whole sentences! Huzzah!) The jaws of the students were not entirely slack! There may have been - MAY HAVE BEEN - actual learning! Exclamation points were abused!

2) Baby's rocking a new look that we here at chez Baby think is very exciting...


Dude.

That's worth seeing again, I think...

DUUUDE!

The Mixed News:

1.a) While Mommy was away, Baby thrived in the care of her auntie and cousins, with whom she had much, much, much fun.

1.b) So much fun, that she barely noticed when Mommy walked back in the door that evening. Oh, is that you, Mommy? Have you met these SUPER FUN GIRLS? No, no, no booby for me thanks - I'm BUSY...

2.a) Baby laughed out loud for the first time!

2.b) While Mommy was away.*

*note on 2b - this is so traumatic (ohmigod the gods they punish me and they laugh) that all I can do is note it as a news line. Expect a rant at a later date when I have calmed down enough to rant.


The Bad News:

1.) The swaddle busting has reached a whole new level. Both arms, both legs, Miracle (ha) Blanket fully undone.


Busted!

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Yay! I'm glad it all went well for you.

Don't worry about missing the first laugh. I missed a lot of Cordy's "firsts", but I counted the first time she did it for me as her "first."

Cordy broke out of her miracle blanket pretty early, too. We often would swaddle her with two blankets for added security, but she was an expert at breaking out. We're thinking about teaching her to break out of a straight jacket next.

Great pics - your daughter is really, really adorable.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jezer said...

Yay you!!!

My goodness, those glasses are just too funny! That really caught me off-guard. Hilarious!

In the pic where she's busted out of the blanket it looks like she's posing as if to say "Ta-daaaaaaah!"

I'm so glad everything went well for you at the U.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

Just checking in to see how it all went. Sounds like it went great, so good news! Saw that you left a comment at my blog, thanks, so many lurkers so little commenters...hahaha

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rule around here is that if mommy doesn't see it, it doesn't count. It's a good rule, I highly suggest it!

I'm a new visitor - enjoying your blog!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home